Board :Tales of the People
Author :Archon Iyagi
Subject :"Summer Life in The Dessert" by ExDesuyo
Date :10/24
*glup glup.. Ah.... Hiks...*
"a bottle of rice wine still in my hand"

Looking up at the night sky, the stars are falling. Standing a kingdom that is doing regional unification. The unification expedition to all directions was declared by the Emperor's decree. All the generals gathered with strategists, dividing the conquest area. The soldiers were busy training, forging experts flocked to create equipment for war, the Minister of Finance was confused with the distribution of the budget.

Three seasons passed, from autumn to spring, I fought together with 120000 soldiers and six squad Captains. I have conquered many kingdoms until the Emperor gave me the title The Great General of the Heavens.

"I just want to spend time with my wife and children at home"There was a conversation between my soldiers who missed home. I, too, miss my wife and daughter. It's natural for my soldiers to miss home. The expedition continued until one day we arrived in a very different area than usual.

We were astonished by the area filled with tawny color, strong winds and heat that penetrated our armor. The land is barren, only sand and poisonous creatures can be seen. We continue to walk towards our goal, which is the next kingdom. Suddenly I looked towards the back of my troops. Our silver armor and weapons seem to make a silver river.

"I have led many soldiers, but will we be able to survive this situation?" The Great General of the Heavens said. Evening came, we immediately made a campsite. That very night, my Strategist and the six squad Captains discussed the matter with me.

?My general, I have been observing the soldiers, it seems that they have lost their morale? My Strategist (Kwang Seok Ja) said.

"I have understood what you are saying, our first enemy is fear, anxiety, worry and food supply this creates hallucinations, some of them see the lake which turns out to be just a mirage".

The squad captains were starting to feel anxious about this situation. I suddenly said "If you want to go home, I will not forbid, but what will the Emperor say? Aren't you ashamed? We have come a long way and almost arrived at our goal to conquer this kingdom in the desert". My words were heard by them, suddenly their gazes were filled with enthusiasm. I returned to my tent with a bottle of my favorite rice wine and fell asleep.

The morning came, as seen from them (soldiers) who were starting to get discouraged and lost their morale. I hastened to gather the entire squad Captain and his troops. I also gave a few words to all the soldiers "Listen to my words carefully. What you are feeling right now is also felt in me. The heat that burns the body and the thirst that does not end is also within me, But do you not want to create a place that peace and worthy for our children and grandchildren to come? Are you guys going to give up this summer in the desert? If you feel this is Hell so be it. We have won a battle that is like Hell. I think we have all tasted Hell in battle before. There is no Hell that we cannot pass, so line up and come forward with me. I am Jun Ah Ryung, The Great General of The Heavens will lead you to victory!".

*I raised the spear towards the sky and shouted "Ho Ha....."

The soldiers instantly shouted and clashed swords with their shields, It was as if their spirits had returned.

When I return home, I will beg the emperor to give me the gift of a summer vacation with my family.

-ExDesuyo